apollosfyre
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm
LocationCOLON Sonora, California
CONTACTCOLON

Sound card assignment/outputs

Postby apollosfyre » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:10 pm

Hello,
I just purchased and installed ScannerLive, and maybe misunderstood it's capabilities. Let me first explain what I have been doing, then why I am trying ScannerLive.

I currently monitor up to 16 scanner feeds sing 16 individual instances of Winamp, and each instance is run thru a different output port of an 8 channel audio card (mono R/L = 16 channels out) into a DVR recorder.

The winamp feeds are very unstable and often freeze up, but when they work smoothly it provides a good method to monitor and playback 16 feeds individually.

I had been told by a friend that ScannerLive was capable of setting up individual feeds to individual outputs, but it seems the listed outputs are merely Default Card, card 1, card 2, card 3 etc. It does not seem to recognize the card in use, or the outputs on the select card.

The card BTW is a Delta LT1010 audio card. I am running on Win 7 sp2, everything I can think of is up to date.

Is it possible to do what I need, or am I asking too much of the program? It appears that it was intended to shuffle many feeds, and play the most active feeds in priority. I am wondering if the shuffle mode would just disrupt continuity of play for each feed in my situation, and be more of a problem.

It appears to be a very good program for the intended use, but I have found I'm usually pushing the envelope farther than an envelope has yet been designed.

Thank you

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: Sound card assignment/outputs

Postby rdale » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:13 pm

You are correct in that it cannot assign specific feeds to specific soundcards. You pick which soundcard you want the audio going to, and all of the audio goes there.

It does not "shuffle" any feeds. It monitors all of them, and when a feed becomes active it locks in on that feed. It stops either when the audio stops (and then it goes back to monitoring all feeds) or when the "priority" feed becomes active.

apollosfyre
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm
LocationCOLON Sonora, California
CONTACTCOLON

Postby apollosfyre » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:32 pm

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, Shuffle was the word that popped into my mind first, but I do know better.

Is there any point to my making a feature request regarding assigning outputs? My terminology is nowhere near the level of the tools I use, and so I would hope I could explain it correctly to not waste anyone's time.

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Postby rdale » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Try to word it again or draw a picture :)

Return to