Scanning Issue

Forum for questions and answers regarding ScannerLive
gregsto
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 am

Scanning Issue

Postby gregsto » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:06 pm

I am having problems with Scannerlive failing to stop on channels when they are broadcasting (green bars blasting all the way across and traffic on them if you click on them). It is not a squelch level issue. All are set well below the broadcast level according to the "show feed stats" numbers. It happens on all banks and with all channels it seems. Every few minutes it will actually stop on a broadcasting channel without rhyme or reason however. I upgraded to the latest version however it was happening prior to the upgrade and continues to happen now....and all the time. Windows 7 64OS

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: Scanning Issue

Postby rdale » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:58 pm

Can you send a screen shot of this happening? With the feed stats showing?

gregsto
PostsCOLON 4

Postby gregsto » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:12 am

Attached a screen shot. Hope it is what you were looking for. As you can see there are two channels broadcasting far above squelch setting but both are not causing scan to stop.
scannerlive.JPG
attached
scannerlive.JPG (66.69 KiB) Viewed 2106 times

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Postby rdale » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:43 am

I cannot duplicate this no matter how hard I try... I'll keep looking but unsure right now, and have no other notes of this occurring so not sure where to look right yet.

gregsto
PostsCOLON 4

Postby gregsto » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:06 am

Interestingly I had this problem on the laptop I previously used, running Windows XP. I blamed it on the aging laptop and pretty much assumed the issue would resolve itself when I got this new laptop, running windows 7. But the issue remained unchanged. I have not as of yet tried to duplicate it on another laptop or PC...which is something I can experiment with as I have additional hardware available. That would seem to point to my internet connection/network if it continued....but it is beyond me HOW that could be the issue.

Other info that really should not make a difference but we can get out of the way: Does not matter if I am connected to the internet wirelessly or via ethernet. My internet download/upload speeds are excellent (20/5 mbs). Dose not matter what programs are running. Does not really come and go or get better or worse....significant issue all the time. Happens on all banks.

I suppose I could do a complete uninstall and start over if you think it is advisable.

Return to