Scannerlive launches then immediately closes

Forum for questions and answers regarding ScannerLive
KDG872
PostsCOLON 8
JoinedCOLON Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:55 am

Scannerlive launches then immediately closes

Postby KDG872 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 pm

Been running version 1.5.0.0 regularly since it was introduced last year, on my Win 7 computer, with no significant changes to the machine. The last couple days Scannerlive is now launching but then disappearing within a few seconds, whether I get it scanning or not. I had it set to "Stay on top," but it's neither doing that nor showing in the tray.

It previously used between 10-15000 k of memory while running (per Task Manager), but now after it disappears it still shows as running but using only 100 kb. Tried a reinstall, but still doing it.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Harry
I do have an error log from when it did something similar upon reinstallation earlier today, but which the forum page won't accept. as either a .log or .txt file.

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: Scannerlive launches then immediately closes

Postby rdale » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:58 pm

Email me the log and I'll take a look.

KDG872
PostsCOLON 8

Postby KDG872 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:59 pm

OK, here it comes.

KDG872
PostsCOLON 8

Postby KDG872 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:09 am

Update (to the below): While I did have Net Framework issues, it turns out that the problem is a result of the 2014 Avast AntiVirus application I installed a few days ago. Avast has a "Deep Screen" option that was killing Scannerlive without giving any pop-ups or other notification. Avast has a global option to disable Deep Screen, or an Exclusion option for user-selectable apps or file types.

My original reply, though apparentlly not the real problem:
After perusing the file you sent me, I stumbled my way through all my settings and recent updates, and determined the problem was in my NET Framework. After again uninstalling Scannerlive, I then went after the Framework "programs" in Add/Remove and selected "Repair" for them. That did the trick, and upon reinstalling Scannerlive once again it's working like a charm. Didn't even lose any programming or feed settings.

Based on an earlier issue, which I don't recall if it's been addressed, I've set all my channels with delays of greater-than-zero seconds. Thanks for the help!

Return to