All Audio

Post your suggestions for future upgrades here!
utlchris
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:20 pm

All Audio

Postby utlchris » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 pm

Would like to see an all audio button that you can turn on or off to allow all the audio come though at once. I.E. from all the channels or so you can listen to multiple channels at one time. Similar to opening up multiple "Java web players" on Radio Reference.

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Re: All Audio

Postby rdale » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:34 pm

What I am working on is a "regular volume setting" versus "muted volume setting." So the "regular" would be as it is now. The "muted" setting would allow you to set another volume level for times when it is not the active channel. Hard to explain but I hope that makes sense ;)

Ch1 is set at vol of 100%, Ch2 is at 100%. Ch1 muted is 20%, ch2 muted is 0%.

If ch2 is "active" and ch1 starts talking, you will hear ch1 at 20%. If Ch1 is "active" and ch2 starts talking, you still won't hear it since the muted volume is 0%.

Theoretically you could set all muted volumes to 100% and you'd hear all of them all the time.

utlchris
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:20 pm

Re: All Audio

Postby utlchris » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:33 am

Yeah that makes sense and that sounds like it would work and maybe even better than I was thinking.

I was just thinking about having an "all Audo" button and then you could mute anything you did not want in the mix. I know listening to ten or more or probably even five is probably more than one can understand but for someone that is just generally listing for something big to happen you can some what filter out the other stuff.

Return to