Future Improvement List

Post your suggestions for future upgrades here!
jmv3085
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Wed May 05, 2010 2:08 pm

Re: Future Improvement List

Postby jmv3085 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:55 am

Any chance for an Android app?

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Postby rdale » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:44 pm

I'd love to see one someday, but at least the Droid does the RR feeds individually...

ramboton
PostsCOLON 4
JoinedCOLON Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:14 am

Postby ramboton » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:47 pm

I would love the ability to record, or at least a 30 second rewind should I miss something.

It would be nice to see more info about the feed, if I am the feed provider, such as how many users are on etc, that way I do not have to keep opening the RR page to see how many listeners there are on my feeds.

Love the program, thanks for your hard work.

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110

Postby rdale » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:24 am

It's been a while but I feel like my programming level has advanced enough where I'm ready to tackle this and add more features. As a test version becomes available, I will let all owners know...

EdmontonFireRadio
PostsCOLON 16
JoinedCOLON Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:26 pm
LocationCOLON Edmonton, Alberta
CONTACTCOLON

Postby EdmontonFireRadio » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Looking forward to the new release

ke6gwf
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:45 am

Postby ke6gwf » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 am

I would add the capability to detect pager activation tones.
This way it could be scanning but muted until tones went out, allowing it to be silent, say overnight, unless there was a call.
Being able to program in which tones it triggered on would be great, but even just being able to detect a sustained frequency would allow better sleep! Once it could detect tones, having settings for alerts would be easy, and maybe setting it so it would require at least X number of tones within 1 minute, so that a Chief getting paged wouldn't set it off, but multiple units would.

I would second the request for recording and 5 minute rewind, or maybe even 30 minute rewind to fill the gap between live and when the archives update.

How about an archive player with a VU graph for the entire file, allowing you to visually skip silence and see what type of transmission it is by sound profile. For comparison, when I download an archive, I open it in Audacity, so if it could have a display like that with click-to-skip controls.

Being able to see the feed stats would be nice, I know the Android Apps can access the listener and chat stats. Could there be a livefeed of chat traffic under the feed name?

Since Scanner Radio Pro is already a pretty good Android App, and I don't know if Android is ready for multiple feeds yet, maybe you could work with Gordon on some way to sync favorite feeds or something.

Oh, how about an app that acts as a remote head for the desktop version? Let the existing Scannerlive software do the heavy lifting, and the app just stream the audio from the desktop, and have basic controls for it.
I don't know if you could do this through RR, or do it as a separate direct stream.

In any case, good app so far!
I am using it to try to catch up to my quota as an IPN dispatcher... lol

Ben~
ke6gwf

Tusker2Zero
PostsCOLON 2
JoinedCOLON Thu May 17, 2012 1:36 pm

Postby Tusker2Zero » Thu May 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Some features I'd like to see:

1.) I'd would like the option to monitor like three or four streams at the same time using left/stereo/right headphone and volume methods, in order to distinguish which feed I'm listening to without looking at the computer screen. Much in the same way like how dispatchers can multi-task using their dispatch panels and monitor their channels simultaneously. After reading elsewhere that there is a bug that allows for this. But, it would be nice if it were an activate-able and saveable mode that can activate if the user wishes each time the program starts.

2.) As you mentioned earlier on your first post, a user selectable left/right/stereo settings. But, if it can be adjusted on the fly without stopping all the feeds that would be nice, if possible.

3.) The ability to add and delete feeds without stopping all feeds would be nice. I 'virtual storm chase' using RadioReference.com and GRLevel3 weather radar software. So, I change feeds frequently on the fly, so to speak, as the severe storms tear through the area.

4.) As someone mentioned earlier. The ability to unmute a feed upon the detection of a particular paging tone would be a real nice feature. I would also like to see added it (if this feature ever sees the light of day) the ability to set a user selectable re-mute feature that would remute the feed after x amount of minutes and'or seconds.

5.) While the GUI looks good like it is, I would love to see different user selectable GUI options and layouts. For example, some sort of small single column layout, that is dock-able to the right side of the screen, with an option to be hide-able until the cursor gets near it. Then ScannerLive's GUI temporarily appears.

6.) This is a small thing I realize, but I would love (x10) to see an option for a user to be able to upload their own background image into the program. This program screams for one. :)

7.) As there are a lot of weather radio feeds out there now, I was wondering if a S.A.M.E. decoder could be incorporated into ScannerLive effectively allowing this program to become like a weather alert radio. With all the bells & whistles a high end weather radio would have.

iamretired911
PostsCOLON 1
JoinedCOLON Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 pm

Postby iamretired911 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Looking forward to the new release.

Definitely need recording ability.
I'm old and I need to reply calls sometimes.

At least my wife says I'm old..lol

relmers
PostsCOLON 6
JoinedCOLON Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:37 pm

Postby relmers » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Great program, love being able to have multiple channels queued up and the ability to have a priority override. Per other posts, it doesn't appear that you have done much with this lately, however, if you are still into tweaking your baby, I would like to see the ability to have several priority overrides, such as being able to mark them in priority so that a second or third channel would have priority over all others channels other than those marked higher.

Thanks for the work you have done on this, it beats having multiple windows open to listen to multiple channels.

rdale
Site Admin
PostsCOLON 110

Postby rdale » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:01 pm

Thanks! I keep saying I'll get to it, then something runs in the way :) But it's still out there, and I'm not dead, so keep the ideas coming...

Return to